How Long Will It Take My Arizona House To Sell?
Selling a property is an undertaking that is comparable to a new business venture. Many factors can affect the success of this major transaction, such as the timeline of the sale and your marketing prowess. Knowing how long it can take will help you schedule your next few months and adjust your selling strategies. So, if you’ve been asking questions like “How long will it take my Arizona house to sell?” Andrew the Home Buyer is here to help. Keep reading to learn more.
Average Time To Sell Houses in AZ
There are several ways you can sell a residential property in AZ, and your choice will determine how long the transaction will take. Here are the four ways to do it:
- Work with a real estate agent — the most traditional method.
- Hire an attorney to manage the sale with a known buyer.
- Work with a cash buyer.
- Sell it on your own with a For Sale by Owner (FSBO) listing.
Some options are faster than others. However, houses in Arizona take an average of 120 days before they’re finally sold, according to Houzeo. This is almost four months long, assuming everything runs smoothly with inspection, appraisal, and other aspects of a traditional sale. However, there are ways to sell your home in a matter of weeks or even just days!
How Long For Traditional Selling?
The 120-day average does not consider the first steps of selling a house. This number begins the moment your real estate agent puts your property in a multiple listing service or MLS. That’s the “official” start of the selling period, and whatever happens before isn’t usually counted. However, an accurate timeline means knowing how long these unmentioned initial steps will take.
- Researching the Housing Market: Before you sell your house, you’ll first want to determine if it’s financially sensible to sell the property in the next few months. This step should be done at least two months before your planned listing date. That’s because certain periods in the year are ideal for selling properties.
- Hiring a Real Estate Agent: A real estate agent will be your partner throughout the transaction. Finding the ideal agent for your needs may take a few days or weeks.
- Pre-Inspection and Repairs: You might need to hire an inspector and make repairs for whatever issues they find. These fixes might need a few days or weeks to finish.
- Appraisal: A pre-sale home appraisal will help you determine a more accurate asking price and give you more power during negotiations.
- Home Staging: You’ll need to deep clean and stage your property for marketing photos and open houses. You’ll need to allot at least a few days for these steps.
- Listing and Negotiation: The preliminary stages are done, and the official selling period is finally here. After listing your home on the chosen platform, you need an average of 60 days to wait for offers and negotiate with potential buyers.
- Purchase Agreement and Closing: Once you’ve accepted an offer and signed the purchase agreement, it will take around 30 to 45 days on average before closing.
Now that we’ve considered the other steps you’ll need to do before listing your property, there’s an additional two months to the timeline. So the average total for a traditional sale is around five to six months.
How Long For Cash?
As previously mentioned, there are other ways to sell your property besides working with a real estate agent. Some of us don’t have the luxury of waiting several months. Others need the budget to hire other professionals like home stagers, inspectors, and title companies. That’s why the other preferred method is selling the property to cash buyers like Andrew the Home Buyer!
We buy homes as is, no matter their state or condition. You can contact us for a quote, receive a cash offer the next day, and close in as fast as seven days! You won’t need to clean, fix issues, or market your property.
Get a Fast Cash Offer Now
If you’d rather get rid of your house ASAP and not endure the lengthy process of a traditional sale, sell your house to Andrew the Home Buyer. We’ll purchase it with cash so you can move on and move into a new home. Contact us now to get a free cash offer!